Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Traditional Scrapbooking to Faithbooking

It’s hard to believe how much scrapbooking has changed since I picked up my first camera in third grade and began recording the days of my life. That same year I created my first scrapbook album on a newsprint album bought at the dime store. I decorated the pages with photos, cartoons from the newspaper and acid-filled stickers. Now over 40 years later I am still an avid photographer/ scrapbooker. Over the years I have taken thousands of photos and created over 100 scrapbook albums for my family and friends. During this same time photo preservation has evolved into a multi-million dollar industry of which Creative Memories is the leader.

Today we actually have 3 types of albums to choose from. The first, and still my favorite is the Traditional Scrapbooking album using photos, memorabilia, stickers & lots of journaling from the heart. The second type consists of a PicFolio album into which you just slide your photos and journaling boxes for a quick & easy way to display your most recent photos. The last style, and quickly growing to be the most popular for Creative Memories customers is the Digital album. With Creative Memories Storybook Creator Plus Software, you don’t need much more than your photos, a computer and your favorite chair to create the perfect photo book. These books make great gifts for any event including Mother’s Day, Father’s Day or Graduation.

But the latest trend in scrapbooking called Faithbooking is what has me the most excited. Faithbooks can be created using the Traditional, PicFolio or the Digital album. Faithbooking is a way for Christians to record their beliefs. Through the use of favorite Bible passages, journaling, & photos you can create a serene layout that can help you in your daily meditation. It has been said, “that the true tests of faith come not when life is easy but when challenges abound.” Use your Faithbook to reflect on the struggles you and your family encounter and how your belief in God gives you peace during these troubled times. What a great gift to pass down to future generations!

Walk with God!
Terri

No comments: