Saturday, April 18, 2009

Crop 'Til You Drop by Terri



My Easter Crop starts in just 30 minutes and I can’t wait! I am really looking forward to 7 un-interrupted hours of scrapbooking! I’m still debating which scrapbooking project to work on, but I think it will be Aunt Juanita’s heritage album. I have so many projects in progress – sometimes it’s a little overwhelming!

The best thing about my crops is the time spent catching up on the lives of my customers who have become dear friends over the last 8 years. Besides working on our albums & visiting our time will be spent sharing ideas, learning the newest scrapbooking techniques, eating yummy treats and watching great movies. Most of us find that the only time we have dedicated exclusively to scrapbooking is crop time. We will be working in Terri’s Scrappin’ Spot (named by Lori), otherwise known as our formal living room/dining room.

Jerry & I created Terri’s Scrappin’ Spot two years ago when I was told by the Legacy church staff that my ladies could no longer crop at the building. The Legacy Elders had decided that only activities directly connected to a specific ministry could be held on a regular basis in the building. Strangely enough several members & non-members still have regularly scheduled events at the building. I know of two other Creative Memories Consultants that currently hold their meetings at the building. It saddens me to know that the “rules” only apply to some people.

To create Terri’s Scrappin’ Spot we removed all the traditional furniture from the room. Next we bought 6 drafting centers complete with drafting tables, comfy chairs & project lights and placed them around the room. Then we brought in Dad’s old Light Table, and a couple cabinets to hold my stock and our supplies. Last of all we mounted a TV on the wall and brought in a DVD player and VCR. Then we were all set to open our home to my customers.

The second best thing about my monthly crop is being able to cook yummy treats for my “ladies”. This month I am baking a delicious semi-homemade Coffee Cake. It’s hard to believe such a simple recipe could turn out so delicious. For lunch I am serving my version of Taco Salad. It is a favorite of my family, friends & customers! Last of all, for dessert I made Chocolate Éclairs. Besides tasting great this light dessert is “legal” only 3 pts on Weight Watchers. I thought I’d include the coffee cake recipe for you to bake for your family. It is perfect for a special Sunday morning treat. Just toss all the ingredients in a Bundt pan right before going to bed. Cover with a damp towel and head to bed. In the morning just stick it in the oven and you’ll have a gooey treat that tastes like you’ve been slaving over it for hours! Enjoy!

Christmas Day Coffee Cake

Ingredients:
16 to 18 unbaked frozen dinner rolls
1 (3-ounce) package regular butterscotch pudding mix, not instant
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
Directions:
The night before place frozen rolls in well greased Bundt pan. Sprinkle dry pudding mix over rolls. Sprinkle brown sugar over pudding mix. Sprinkle chopped pecans over brown sugar. Pour melted butter over all. To prevent the dough from forming a hard crust while its rising overnight, cover with a damp towel or tightly wrap with plastic wrap. Let rise overnight at room temperature, about 8 to 10 hours. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake in oven for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Turn pan over onto a serving platter to remove. Serve by pulling apart chunks with forks.

Walk with God,
Terri



1 comment:

the_sweets said...

yum - that looks good. :-) I will have to try it!