Saturday, October 24, 2009

Grandmother's Peanut Butter Cookies by Terri

On Thursday I subbed at Medlin Middle School.  Down the hall one of the classes was baking peanut butter cookies.  All day I smelled the delicious smell of cookies baking. So I couldn't resist pulling out my Grandmother's peanut butter cookie recipe and baking a  batch for next week's Crop.  This is a fun recipe to make with kids.  They love squishing down the balls with a fork.  I hope your family enjoys this very old family favorite as much as mine does.

Peanut Butter Cookies
From the kitchen of: Edith Boatright
Makes approximately 9 dozen cookies

5 eggs
4 cups sugar
2 cups Crisco
2 cups smooth Peanut Putter
5 teaspoons vanilla
5 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons soda
3 1/2 teaspoons salt

Cream together sugar and Crisco.

Add eggs and mix well.  Add peanut butter and mix well.

 Add remaining ingredients and mix well.

Scoop cookie dough with a cookie scoop.

Roll into a ball and place on cookie sheet.



Smash balls using fork or cookie press.

Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool on cookie rack.

Note: I doubled and tweaked this recipe.  The original recipe makes only about 4 1/2 dozen cookies. The photo of the ingredients is a single batch - for the crop I baked a double batch.

Walk with God!
Terri

No comments: