Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Quick & Easy Apple Crunch Cake by Terri

Recently I came across a blog that had a delicious looking Peach Crunch Cake. I printed the recipe and then searched my pantry to see if I had the ingredients to make it. Of course, I did not have the exact ingredients but I found enough substitutions to give it a try. The resulting ooey, gooey apple crunch cake was not only delicious but relatively figure friendly, made primarily with low sugar or sugar free ingredients. I have discovered numerous variations online since finding the original recipe. I hope you'll give it a try using whatever ingredients you have in your pantry!
From the kitchen of: Terri Fonville
Ingredients from first attempt at this recipe.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Pour 1 can No Sugar Added Apple Pie Filling into the bottom of a large Pyrex pan.
Cut the apples into small pieces.
(Last time I made it I used a jar of Kroger Sliced Peaches ...they are sweetened with Splenda.)
Sprinkle box of Pillsbury Reduced Sugar Butter Cake Mix on top of apples
Shave one stick of Light Butter on top of the cake mix.
Sprinkle 1 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend on top of light butter.
Sprinkle 1/2 chopped Walnuts on top of Brown Sugar Blend.
Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
Serve hot with cold ice cream. 
(I serve with Blue Bell's No Sugar Added Vanilla Ice Cream.)
Enjoy!

Walk with God!
Terri

No comments: