Thursday, November 5, 2009

Love to Cook Thursdays - Sweet and Sour Meatloaf by Terri



For our 6 month anniversary, Jerry & I took a trip to visit Jerry's sister Aleta & her family. While we were there Aleta fixed Sweet & Sour Meatloaf. Although Jerry & I don't usually care for meatloaf this recipe has become one of our family favorites. I think you'll enjoy it also!
Sweet and Sour Meatloaf
From the kitchen of: Aleta Fonville Tittle

Sauce:
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 8oz. can tomato sauce
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 teaspoon French's mustard

Mix sauce ingredients together and set aside.

Meat Mixture:
1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 small finely chopped onion
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup crushed crackers
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup tomato sauce mixture

Mix meat ingredients together. Shape into a ring and place in a shallow dish. Pour remaining tomato sauce over top of ring. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 400 degrees, basting occasionally.
Oops! I forgot to take photos of this while I was making it on Tuesday night! I'll try to remember next time I cook it and add them later.
Walk with God!
Terri

No comments: