Thursday, September 24, 2009

Love to Cook Thursdays - French Apple Pie by Terri


This week our challenge was to share a new or old favorite using apples. I chose Mom's French Apple Pie since it just can't be beat. I haven't made it in years and I had forgotten how easy it is to make and how delicious it tastes! I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does.

French Apple Pie
From the kitchen of: Loriece Roberts

Ingredients:
1 uncooked deep-dish pie crust
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 sliced, peeled apples
1 1/2 Tablespoon light butter
Crumb topping:
1/2 cup light butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup flour
Directions:

Prepare pie crust as directed on the box.

Peel and thinly slice 3 apples. Set aside.

Mix together sugar and cinnamon.

Toss cinnamon sugar lightly through the sliced apples.

Heap the apples onto the pie crust.

Dot the top of the apples with light butter.

Mix crumb topping.

Pat the topping over the top of the apple filling.

Bake at 425 degrees for 50-60 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Note: My oven runs warm so I cooked my pies at 400 degrees for 50 minutes. Also I gently covered the pie crust with aluminum foil the last 20 minutes, next time I think I'll cover it sooner.

Options: This time I used Splenda Sugar blend and Splenda brown sugar instead of regular sugar and brown sugar. Jerry couldn't tell the difference in the taste.


Enjoy!

Walk with God!
Terri

No comments: