Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Memories...Reflections by Terri

Easter Memories...
This Easter photo of my mom as a little girl is so precious to me...

I love the opportunities that special holidays afford us. As an avid photographer and genealogist I appreciate the wonderful times of the past that can be seen in the color slides my dad so carefully used to photograph my life. Some of my memories include:
Matching Easter dresses...
 
My sister Kathy and I loved dressing alike...

We always took Family Photos...

My Mom, Dad, sister and I...

Aunt Delpha and Uncle Bob's family...

Aunt Norma and Uncle Kent's family...

Aunt Darlene and Uncle Jim's family...

My Cousins Kenny and Becky with Kathy and I...
I'm the one escaping from the quilt...

An Easter egg hunt at a park in Dallas close to
where Grandmother and Granddad lived...
Easter Egg hunts with cousins...

Dashing for Easter Eggs...
I can't get over the ladies wearing dresses at a picnic...
And Best of all...special photos like this one of my sister escaping...
Following my dad's example I have avidly photographed my own children each Easter. From an early age Davy and Lori became accustomed to Mom, Dad and Aunt Kathy always having a camera in our hands.

Lori playing with the Easter baskets...most likely my little girl was shopping with them since from an early age she has loved shopping...

Lori and Davy had Easter cans in 1984...

Davy's can filled quickly...I think I like baskets better...

and it's hard to believe that this sweet baby cousin...
is now a marine serving his country...

One year our church had an Easter Egg hunt in a park nearby...my kids were more interested in checking out the mama duck and her eggs...

I baked several Easter bunny cakes over the years...

Now that my children are grown we continue to enjoy the Easter holiday together. Since Mom died in January I especially treasure the photos we have taken the last few years...how she loved our family gatherings...

 Mom's favorite flowers were pink roses and tulips, so we often created special bouquets for her for Easter... 

Mom and Lori loved spending time together...

Dave will always be Memaw's precious grandson...

After church we always gather for a delicious meal...brisket...homemade bar-b-q sauce...hashbrown casserole...green bean casserole...deviled eggs...pistachio salad...yeast rolls...coconut cake...yummy!

After Lunch is family time...
Papaw and Lori celebrate Lori's Yahtzee!!!

 My guys playing a game while enjoying dessert...

Lori and Rose spending some time together...
  
Our Easter baskets have now become family Easter baskets...

Filled with movies...aprons...games...books...and of course a little candy...

As you see my photos tell the story of my life.  I am so glad that Creative Memories has provided me with awesome organizational tools, both digital and traditional, so that I can have such easy access to my memories.  If someone asked you to share your Easter memories would you be able to  get your hands on your photos or would you  struggle to find them? I hope you will take time soon to get your photos in order for they truly do tell the story of your life. 

With Creative Memories Memory Manager you can
easily access all the photos on your computer

And with Creative Memories Power Sort Boxes you can begin organizing all your printed photos.

You spend so much time and money on your memories don't you think you should invest in the tools that will allow you to preserve and organize them so that you can get your hands on them the next time you want them. Please don't let your babies grow up to be jpgs! Terri

No comments: